Navigation

How to rip skies from BO2?

M4D4SS

Hi.

I got a fair good knowledge on how to convert CSS skies into CoD4. And I also know how to skin But how do you actually take skies from Black Ops 2? There isn't a main folder.

Posted on 15.01.2013 / 13:11

REPLIES

dusR

i dont think you can do it... atleast until ModTools will come out and no one knows if it ever will...
you cant do it now becuase of the same reason as you cannot modify you config in black ops 2,
this time activition encoded and encrypted the game files so we cannot open them, from what i tried there isnt even any program that is availble on the web that is even close to open this kind of files so its a dead end
hope i helped

Posted on 15.01.2013 / 18:21

M4D4SS

dusR wrote:
i dont think you can do it... atleast until ModTools will come out and no one knows if it ever will...
you cant do it now becuase of the same reason as you cannot modify you config in black ops 2,
this time activition encoded and encrypted the game files so we cannot open them, from what i tried there isnt even any program that is availble on the web that is even close to open this kind of files so its a dead end
hope i helped

That's too bad. What if I would be to get a hold over some skies from MW2 or Black Ops 1? It's probably iwi-files. Just import them and make a mod out of them? Put them into ModWarfare>Images and "Make Mod", right?

Posted on 15.01.2013 / 21:29

dusR

tbh i dont know about other games skies what i do know is if you make your own sky you can simpely put it in .iwd > images and then move the file to your desired mod..

Posted on 16.01.2013 / 12:51

M4D4SS

dusR wrote:
tbh i dont know about other games skies what i do know is if you make your own sky you can simpely put it in .iwd > images and then move the file to your desired mod..
Yh I know that. It's just that every skybox that I find from BO1 is too small. And CoD4 crashes. Somehow I can get the right skies from BO1.

Posted on 16.01.2013 / 13:25

Here you can buy any games for very nice price!

Visit they today!

http://www.kinguin.net

Posted on 16.01.2013 / 16:07

dusR

try to get the image file of a .tga from the sky you want and then you can convert it and do the same as in the tutorial exept the part of the sky creation that you dont need becuase you already have a .tga of your sky (and you can even try to change the .tga to the resolusion you need in photoshop and then do the rest).

Posted on 17.01.2013 / 17:28

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.