Navigation

Changing textures during game?

Unreality

Alright so a few of you may have seen my screenshot of COD4 re-textured with greenscreen/tracking markers. And I've done some more work on it, I've increased the markers so that there are 16 cross shaped markers per 512x512 texture, they are also evenly spaced so they blend seamlessly ingame. But I'd like to make this more than just and IWD. Is it possible to change the textures being used in the game without closing the game and relaunching it, replacing IWD, etc. Like maybe not while the map is still open, you may have to reload the current map, but is it possible to make a mod that could change textures between say; the default textures, the greenscreen textures without tracking markers, and then a greenscreen texture with tracking markers? And if this is possible how would I go about doing that. I think it would make it a LOT easier for a lot of editors to be able to have everything they use texture-wise all in one place, that they could seamlessly switch between without having to relaunch or replace files.

Posted on 10.03.2014 / 22:32

REPLIES

T-Max

Impossible.

#MakeCFGFactoryGreatAgain

Posted on 11.03.2014 / 17:24

Koene

Admin

Like T-MAX said, its impossible. I'm sure many russians have tried it, if they can't do it, nobody can ;D

Your dreams are my reality.

Posted on 11.03.2014 / 18:24

T-Max

Em...If you can write simple tool that loads iwi to RAM and tool which can find in game's memory pointer with offset of default texture in game... You can simply change offset and default texture will be changed to your

#MakeCFGFactoryGreatAgain

Posted on 11.03.2014 / 18:37

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.