Navigation

Any way,protect menu files from cod4x asset extractor?

Druglord

extract mod.ff all // Extracts everything available

extract mod.ff menufile // Extracts .menu files

extract mod.ff localizedstring // Extracts localized string files

extract mod.ff rawfile // Extracts raw files (gsc)

extract mod.ff stringtable // Extract stringtables

extract ui_mp\scriptmenus\filename menufile // Extracts certain file (type - .menu)

Usage:

Server must be running in order to extract assets.

extract

ff - Name of fastfile to look into, without extension.

type - Type of asset. Must be one of:

all

menufile

localizedstring

rawfile

stringtable

Posted on 11.07.2018 / 14:06

Maggy

Admin

I guess you can make your mod extremely buggy which could crash the dedicated server when developer 2 is enabled.
Yup, bugs actually prevent people from extracting menu files from your mod.

Posted on 13.07.2018 / 19:35 - Edited by Maggy on 13.07.2018 / 20:20

kyrax

Maggy,

Mod will be work first,than you can extracted files...

For example;

which mod you want extracted?? You must be check first...if mod work in a local server,than you can try for extracting
You know,how to run a mod on local server, we will be create an shortcut than add this commands in,looks like this;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +set fs_game "mods/ffcpm2018" +set developer "0" +set dedicated 0 +exec server.cfg +set sv_punkbuster 0

if you have all files for working this mod,no problem,you can try extractor and job is completed,but you can't work your mod in a local server,extracted crashed and you can't extracted.

i think noob modders will be can't do this,but i know too many scripter and moder did it easly...Sorry for my bad english,i don't use any translator

Posted on 13.07.2018 / 22:02 - Edited by kyrax on 13.07.2018 / 22:04

Maggy

Admin

Your english is fine. I guess i will try again.

Posted on 14.07.2018 / 9:48

Shao_dev

https://cod4x.me ask here Kyrax

Developer

Posted on 15.07.2018 / 17:27 - Edited by Shao_dev on 15.07.2018 / 17:27

kyrax

Hey shao,

Thank you man,but i already know codx developers forum,somebody's ask already for this subject,and others not give an solutions for this,i know some modders protect own menus,but how,i wan't to learn this only.Only a way or trick.

Posted on 15.07.2018 / 18:25

YoungD

Then why don't you ask them about it?

Posted on 16.07.2018 / 19:09

kyrax

Because,All mod files are not same and solutions will be not compatible with all modifications.But ideas and ways will adapted from others for own projects.

but I see that most of us are making comments that do not make a lot of information, rather than trying to produce a solution; in past openwarfare forums, when we look for a solution, many users generate ideas and try to give useful information to the solution, I know this is not the main task of this site, Unfortunately, there are not many forums that have the soul of the forums.

Posted on 16.07.2018 / 19:38 - Edited by kyrax on 16.07.2018 / 20:26

YoungD

That's why I would ask a modder who did this protection thingy. He should know the answer for your question and probably help you starting off.

Posted on 17.07.2018 / 12:43

Shao_dev

It all starts with an idea

Developer

Posted on 19.07.2018 / 2:31

1 | 2

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.