Navigation

Problem Connecting To Local Server?

BruceEXE

For a few months now I've been trying to fix a problem with connecting to my local server but nothing has worked.

I needed to get some smooths for a clip so I opened up two copies of cod4 as usual, loaded up the CODTVMM mod and tried to connect to my local server. It usually worked but for some reason, it wasn't working. I tried reconnecting, restarting cod4, opening up the copies of cod4 in different orders, disabling PB, using different IPs and even reinstalling the game.

I can load up the map fine on the first copy but when I try to connect on the second copy, it just says "Awaiting Connection... #..." for ages until it eventually times out.
Extra info: I have a legit copy of cod4 on steam and can connect to normal servers, it's just my local server that I can't connect to. It also doesn't matter which mod I use or if I use a mod, it isn't just CODTVMM.

Thanks in advance for your answers =]

Posted on 13.02.2014 / 14:58

REPLIES

Crel

I had this problem before and I found an only solution to this:
-remove your profiles on your cod4 game
-Look for "cmd.exe" on your windows search bar and open it
-Type:"Ipconfig" then look at the Ipv4
-Just open the game, create a new profile for CoDtv and connect (like always) with the Ipv4 c:

Hope I'll help you.

Posted on 17.02.2014 / 15:48

ketoh

Try: Connect 127.0.0.1:28960

ye

Posted on 17.02.2014 / 16:38

BruceEXE

Crel wrote:
-Just open the game, create a new profile for CoDtv and connect (like always) with the Ipv4 c:

Hope I'll help you.

Thanks so much

Posted on 26.02.2014 / 20:22

fgtmuch

Crel wrote:

Hope I'll help you.

it does help! ily so much <3 but what if i wanna create new profile for custom models, skies and stuff? will the problem reoccur back?

Posted on 12.12.2014 / 16:41

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.