Navigation

COD4: Could use some help with custom skins.

Konene

This is really frustrating me, since I downloading COD4 (Steam version) I haven't been able to use custom skins I or others make in multiplayer.
I import the skin blablabla all that then load up my COD4.
Everythings fine at the moment however if I decide to load my own private lobby either by default or /devmap mp_*map* is works perfectly fine. I join, select a class, take some screenshots, then leave. Good as gold.
Howvever, its a totally different story with multiplayer, I click 'Join game' select the game I want, this could be with any host/map/gamemode/mod or even with no mods but somehow when the game is on the 'Loading map..' section it always freezes, I hear the windows 'ding' sound then I have to ctrl+alt+del to the task manager where it tells me that my Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not responding and there is a seperate window that pops up called 'error'. I can't click on the window or anything. It just shows it in the task manager under the name 'error' which I know is to do with my COD4 because that has never appeared for anything else at all and I know that 'ding' sound if because that 'error' window opens on my desktop.

Long story by yeah, please help

Posted on 17.04.2014 / 21:17 - Edited by on 17.04.2014 / 21:20

REPLIES

Have you allready renamed the .iwd folder with the skins to localized_"YOURLANGUAGE"_iw00 and all the other folders ? if yes What is the error message ? i had a similar problem once just give me that error message and maybe i can help you a little bit more

Posted on 18.04.2014 / 6:52

Konene

Yeah, all that although it fixed itself over night
Which is a bit strange but yeah thank you for your time.

Posted on 18.04.2014 / 13:20

maxzor

Admin

Koene is that you?

MAXZOR

Posted on 18.04.2014 / 19:03

ketoh

^

ye

Posted on 18.04.2014 / 23:29

Hmm yeah if i shall help you still just copy and paste the error warning and ill see what i know about it

Posted on 19.04.2014 / 10:28

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.